- Sell-out appearances at Dublin’s Gaiety and Olympia theatres
- A Perrier Award nomination for A Night at the Opera, 1998
- Two weeks at the New Ambassadors in London’s West End
- Playing the lead in Brian McAvera’s King of the Road in Edinburgh, Greenwich, Dublin, and Winchester
- Being the biggest selling comedy show of the year at the 2006 Edinburgh Fringe with Standing Up and Falling Down
- Recording his three DVDs: Pedantic and Whimsical (2006), Different Class (2009), and Crowd Pleaser (2011)
Ed’s stand-up career began during his college years at Strathclyde University, Glasgow.
As student welfare officer he was often called on to MC events in the university and soon was being invited to perform at other third-level institutions around Scotland. It wasn’t long before he’d quit his studies completely and started up a small comedy club in Glasgow. From there he moved to London, where he started all over again with open spots and short sets on the club circuit, honing his material and developing the curmudgeonly and nerdy persona we’ve all come to know.
Ed has also developed a huge overseas following and has performed to capacity audiences in Australia (where he shook hands with David Bowie backstage at a television show), New Zealand (where he was briefly a media sensation because of an argument with a barman), Singapore, Belgium, Bermuda, Norway, Austria, Switzerland and more.
In Canada, Ed has made several appearances at the prestigious Just for Laughs festival in Montreal, even hosting a gala in 2006 and touring with Just for Laughs in 2008.
In the US he has performed at the US Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen and in top comedy clubs in New York and LA, as well as making five appearances on NBC’s Late Night With Conan O’Brien.
In the UK and Ireland, Ed has become a regular fixture on television and radio. He has appeared on or presented a range of shows on BBC radio, including The Unbelievable Truth and What’s So Funny. He is also a regular panellist on shows like Mock the Week and Have I Got News for You, and has made several memorable appearances on the Graham Norton Show.
comedy lounge, players lounge, brings top drawer comedians to an exclusive audience for dinner and laughs-a-second shows
The line-ups are subject to change subject to artist commitments. Any changes will always be like-for-like.
Tables are allocated per group booking. Theatre seating does not include a table.
6pm-7pm arrive for dinner
7.30pm last entry
8pm-10.30pm Comedy Lounge
10.30pm music and 2-4-1 cocktails
Sharing platters per table (tables of 6-8, choose 2 platters).
- Festive Sharer: Turkey Sliders, Onion Rings, Deep Fried Brie,
- pigs in Blankets, Cranberry BBQ Chicken Wings, Garlic Bread with Cheese & Onion Chutney and Skin-on Fries. Served with BBQ & Cranberry Sauce.
- Slider Sharer: Beef sliders, pork sliders, grilled chicken sliders, southern fried chicken sliders. Topped with slaw and served with skin on fries, mix of salads, onion rings, BBQ sauce & mayonnaise.
- Sharing Nachos: A mountain of Nacho’s with cheese, jalapenos, salsa, guac & sour cream and a choice of either chilli con carne or BBQ pulled pork..
or individual meals per table
- Prime Beef, Bacon & Cheese burger: 8oz beef burger, streaky bacon, smoked cheddar, burger sauce. Served in a brioche bun with baby gem, tomato, red onion. With slaw, skin-on fries & onion rings..
- Turkey Burger: With fried onions, crispy brussel sprouts and pigs in blankets. Served in a brioche bun with cranberry sauce, baby gem & tomato. With slaw, skin-on fries & onion rings.
- Halloumi and Avocado Burger(V): Halloumi fries, avocado, mayonnaise. Served in a brioche bun with baby gem, tomato, red onion. With slaw, skin-on fries & onion rings.
- Moving Mountains Vegan Burger(Vg): Moving mountains burger, spinach, aubergine, peppers, courgette, vegan mayo, tomato salsa. Served in a vegan brioche bun, with baby gem, tomato & red onion.
- All burgers are served with either skin-on fries or a side salad.
Players Lounge is located on Radford Way, opposite Billericay Train Station. We offer free onsite car parking (please enter your reg on the tablet at Reception upon arrival). Players Lounge is located within a reliable Uber area